View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2004, 12:05 AM

Sergeant

Psientist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions II: Technical/Hardware Issues

Some startup options for Dominions2 require parameters to be set while starting up from the command line. You can do this from Terminal, but I've provided an Applescript that can do this for you automatically without using the terminal at all.

1. Open Script Editor.
2. Paste the following script:

doshell script "cd /Users/Username/PathToDominions/Dominions2;dominions2.app/Contents/MacOS/dominions2 --badmouse"

3. Save as a run-only application, naming it whatever you want - I named my "Dominions 2 Startup".

You can then alias, or double click that applescript application to boot up Dominions 2 for you with whatever flags you wanted to set.

Some important points:
- The above example sets the "badmouse" flag; sometimes, when you play using the reduced window mode, the mouse coordinates are messed up, and this parameter will fix that. There are other options (I believe the "-w" mode will force the game to be played as a window instead of fullscreen).
- Be sure to replace the "Username/PathToDominions/" part of the script with YOUR login userid, and the path to wherever you keep the Dominions 2 application.

Good luck.