Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2018, 12:03 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I am sure the ERA was of a very advanced type for that time period of late 2005 until completion of deliveries in 20`0.

Please don't forget it had the MERKAVA 4 hybrid ceramic applique tiles over steel applied as well. That's what I'm not sure was addressed when I submitted the tank for modification in my first patch submission back in 2011. If I'm wrong please disregard, it's been a longtime since I've looked in on or played the Turkish OOB. I believe that's what's used on those side skirts with a possible ERA layer over them, BUT it's definitely not just steel.

Israel was willing to do this because Turkey was looking to have 300 - 350 of their M-60A1 tanks brought up to the M-60T standard. IMI had already prepped the packages and are still warehoused to be used by another buyer or if Turkey still wants them of which there has been some "chatter" due to current operations that they might and amid many reports (included in my last post here as indicated.) that the combat effectiveness has been better than their LEOPARD A24 tanks which is surprising.

I'm glad it'll get some new pics, found a video on the M-60T concerning that hybrid armor however, it's in German I think. The one we had I agree at the time didn't clearly bring in the detailed look we normally like to have and it's just sitting there. Things that move should look like they are in their "working environment" and be nationalized where possible and is why I culled those pictures in my last submission last month.

If I can get that final question we have hanging on the other tank discussed, I'll add it as an edit here.

UPDATE: Turkish M-60T did get the SABRE III upgrade as reported by Israel to the UN and as SIPRI has recorded it.
"Israel
R: Turkey 468 Navigator APC 2009 2010-2015
(468) BMC-350-16 Kirpi version
170 Sabra-3 Tank (2002) 2005-2010 (170) $688 m deal; Turkish M-60A1 tanks rebuilt to Sabra-3; Turkish designation M-60T"

So who do you believe? I believe this, Israel reported this to the UN per the current arms transfer treaties in effect. Remember the upgrade was done in Israel therefore by treaty they have to report the export of arms to another country and there are other verification systems in place as well. I know this goes against the grain of most refs (SABRE II) including from the site below, but, I've seen some to support the SABRE III upgrade as well. And what motive would Israel have to reporting something different when it can be easily rebutted by the arms experts that monitor these things?

Just let me say it for you ~!@#$%* PITA oh what a PITA. My sediments exactly when dealing with my favorite tank countries as noted.

Also I see clues in the following ref for the M-60T this from 2017 as a NEW Italian upgrade pkg. for the M-60 which might need to be watched for as well. Israel hasn't released anything like this concerning the M-60T upgrade that I've been able to find. But again it might provided some insight even just about looks the same.
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/mo...rade-solution/

I wish we can upload word documents here without copying from them.

I haven't found anything thus far to support the T-60A3/A3 TTS ERA
(Israel did have the M-60A3 BLAZE which had an ERA pkg.), however this might've "muddled" the issue and will require follow-up
(Did I mention along with India, that Turkey is my next favorite tank country to deal with? ) I might've posted this already not sure. It's as you'll see operationally motivated.
https://www.defensenews.com/land/201...grade-contest/

I need a little quite time before work I have a nice peaceful post today such as a "Friday" should be at times.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 3rd, 2018 at 01:15 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: