View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2011, 05:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,444 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question about aircraft range finders

.......and if I'd told you that would you have believed me ?

I think Andy's said this before, maybe not in the same way but here goes.

Aircraft in this game are not that effective because in real life they are not as effective as everyone would like them to be. The reason they are not effective in the game is because there are a s&*tload of variables tossed into the code so they don't act like flying snipers and all of those variables get tossed in AFTER the stuff you see in the OOB's .

There has to be variables to ensure the same things don't happen again and again and again even when the player expects his high priced flyboys to snuff out all opposition at will..( yes , I know. YOU don't think like that...)...AND...( this is important..) when *I* do use aircraft I generally get what I consider satisfactory results but that does not mean my planes hit everything they target because I don't expect them to and that's why I get "satisfactory results" . Andy rarely uses aircaft....see a pattern ?

So....... your observations have been noted and they aren't a surprise and given all the other things we are trying to accomplish this time around the chances of any change to the air routine is right up there with the proverbial snowball in hell so let's give this a rest for awhile.

OK?

We get it. YOU don't like the way air is handled in the game. Got it.

Don