View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2009, 08:51 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LA Pangea - a rotten way to go green

Good point Lingchih, and I should have mentioned it, though if you follow my suggested research priorities I'll generally have a hard time justifying 25N for a reanimator rather than almost 2 more llamia queens or more than half another fairy queen. Still, if you summon them for combat support you'll certainly want to stick them to reanimating when they're not fighting.

@Wraithlord - yes, this is a thought that I kept in mind designing this strategy, that despite your best efforts at any time you may have to make a go at it without CW being up. This is why I think it's important to have production scales so that like a hybrid car engine you can switch over into your other mode if necessary. If you're into the late game though and carrion woods has been up for some time you've already got hoards of vine critters with loads of reanimators to keep a (significantly diminished) fresh supply coming, all the summons those extra N & D gems have given you, have established a blood economy and a blood stone farm, and should hopefully be able to continue to be very competitive at that point. And yes, I don't see you using your pretender in any combat if he's the one who puts the globals up - unless you go with a lich/master lich. Then again, there's not much reason to if he's bringing mostly N/D to the party...