View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2006, 07:52 PM

Sergeant

Devnullicus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SEV 1.08, Balance Mod 0.91

Turn 2401.0
Researched: Armor 2, Crystalline Tech 1
Colonized: nothing
Built: 2 space shipyards, LOTS of new frigates (2 missiles each). The space shipyards are incredible as they have a construction rate of 4913! I can produce a frigate every turn per base)

The Amon'krie started things off by sending in a scout the very next turn. I didn't have anything ready by then except 9 fighters I'd placed at the warp point. The scout pretty much ignored those as 5 of them immediately ran away (out of supplies??) and the other 4 quickly died. The scout got almost to my homeworld, but didn't attack.

I sent a treaty proposal to the Amon'krie, hoping to buy some time.

The next turn, I had a couple of frigates + a retrofitted scout, so I attacked the scout. The scout's point defense was good, but couldn't stand up to a missile barrage from 3 ships and it soon died without getting in range to do any damage to my ships. I sent the "fleet" to my warp point.

Before they got there, though, another Amon'krie scout came through my wormhole. I was able to take it out, too, though with my small fleet. The Amon'krie replied to my treaty offer with a not-very-surprising "no thanks".

With my warp point secure for the moment, I started converting my homeworld resource production to solar generators (which I had finally researched) as well as my mining colony. My radioactives were getting low because of the massive ship-building program I was on.

Finally, with a fleet of 5 frigates built up, I went through the warp point. With my good sensors, I found the Amon'krie homeworld right away and sent the fleet there. It had only a single defender. I managed to take his homeworld down by about a third before I ran out of ordnance and had to retreat.

Note: I like that the Balance Mod cut down on the ordnance supplies stored, but I do think it went overboard. Only having 50 extra ordnance per ordnance supply component is just not enough.