View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2018, 01:10 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road
Default Weird Windows issue with ScenHack and game

So I have 10 scenarios I created...

Actually let me back that up, I have two installations, one in a folder called (directory 1):

Code:
C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2
Which has been my main one since day one, but I have experienced some possible data corruption (in particular with the Polish OOB).

My other installation is located in (directory 2):

Code:
C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2-Mods
...So back to my issue...

So in directory 1, I had 10 scenarios in slots 775-784 so I copied these to directory 2 and then in that directory 2 (using that installations folder ScenHack) I edited those 10 scenarios and then used ScenHack to move the files to location 651-660, no problems so far that I noticed in ScenHack, I can see the data and load up the text file in ScenHack and what not, except that I did not see any files (Scen651.*cmt/dat/txt etc.) in Windows (via explorer or cmd), so I opened up the game (for that folders exe) and loaded each scenario and low and behold there they are, so I saved them again this time in the editor and I can see my changes in the game and the editor. But...

In Windows I can't find any files! I fixed the permissions for that folder to be wide open and still I can't find the files in Windows, but I surely can see them in the game and in the editor!

So I don't know what exactly has or is going on.

Any thoughts would be welcomed. If I can't access the cmt/dat and txt files for each scenario I can't share them.

I do have the original back ups, but they are not edited, so I'd have to redo the work (which is not a really big deal just a really big pain in the butt).

I have rebooted and still don't see the files either in windows explorer or on the command line.

Thoughts/help?

Thanks.