View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2003, 09:21 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Module: Hack and Slash (still in beta)

I just started playing again, and I'm having a great time. My druid character from the previous post never got very far, I now started a fighter. some comments (may contain spoilers, don't read if you haven't played it yet)

I like the new storyline, with the badguy that has given keys to his minions, which you have to collect to be able to beat him. The mod is definitely more than just "crown of the magis II". Can't wait to go into the tower.

The new wilderness is also great, as a first level character you still have to run from the monsters, which is a nice difference from the mindless slaughtering of low level monsters that most modules have. It gives a lot of satisfaction when you are finally strong enough to take out the creatures there.

The mines in the village with the berserker orcs and the trader are great, I really liked how you handled the "key give away" It's a nice trick to make characters give quest items etc. The mines could use a little more variety though, all the tunnels are more or less the same (a few extra tiles or tileGroups can make a huge difference)

More later.. I'm off to kill Lord Sertis, just sneeked in through the backdoor .

[ October 23, 2003, 08:23: Message edited by: henk brouwer ]

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5