Thread: DDay
View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2024, 09:00 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DDay

I cant say I have ever bothered with the AVRE (unless given to me in a scenario) as it has such limited range. A 75mm gun equippped crocodile has a flame thrower which deals with bunkers at similar short range, and a 75mm which can plink most of them further away and deal with tanks reasonably well.

Not all AVRE are engineer tanks either now - the only one I would bother with as the obstacle mine clearance is useful, not having to crawl up to 2 hexes to deal with any bunker. A 75mm gun tank has a few smoke shells and can smoke off a pesky bunker from miles away as it approaches.

It is a fringe thing amongst other fringe things, and the stats have remained the same for a decade or more without any player reaction, till this post?.

The HE pen value is because its a HESH round, obviously. Which MBT has, but not WW2 so has to use HE pen instead. Not a lot of use as an AT weapon, unless the enemy lets you trundle your very slow churchill up to 2 hexes.. its a drawback of bunkers that they do!.

Lets see if any others have an opinion on the thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: