Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2019, 04:53 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Going back to the posts associated with the T-90 series tanks You Tube video, one of the major improvements is in the sensor area both the T-90/T-90A (And some countries export version T-90S as submitted last year as well.) have the SHOTORA warning/jamming system onboard, they look like the "eyes" of the those tanks mounted on both sides of the turret.

Still a very good warning/jamming system but, as you can see vulnerable to weapons or heavy shell firing where mounted.

Now look at the pictures I posted for consideration (As I've stated before I like to see equipment moving/or doing something vice being static.) for the T-90M from my last post.

On the forward leading edge on each corner of the turret (You'll see this looking at both pictures.) you'll see the "bump" that's for the APS/Warning system. Good luck taking that out without pretty much a direct hit. It's also supposed to be equipped with the same gun and quite possibly also the same FCS (This bears further investigation but, would make perfect sense that it does to me.)as on the T-14/ARMATA , better more powerful engine etc. etc.

Those are probably the most important differences along as well being better protected (Almost forgot about that!) from the T-90/T-90A/T-90S and finally the closest to it but, "no cigar" the T-90MS.

Well I did say had more input on Suhiir's video.

Later this week why the T-50 renamed SU-57 might need to be put in the "non game user" category or deleted.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..