View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2017, 11:14 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: T-14 and BMP Armata Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
That's a lofty goal for that many tanks in a two year span. This next quotes the Deputy Defense Minster as saying..."Borisov also announced that the initial plan of inducting 2,300 T-14 MBTs by 2020 had to be pushed back to 2025." At 8 million U.S. that's a huge chuck out of the Defense budget when you consider ALL the new and modified pieces of equipment are expected to be online during the same time period.
Regarding the price of the T-14 at 8 mil USD, RBTH is reporting: "The price of the latest Russian Armata T-14 tank will be just 250 million rubles (3.7 million dollars) once it goes into mass production, according to Oleg Siyenko, CEO of Uralvagonzavod, the manufacturer of the tank." We may expect the unit price of the T-15 to be comparable.

But, what I would be concerned about here and now, is not when Russia would build 2300 tanks, but when could she field a regiment of the T-14/15's. Is it possible for the uralvangonzavod plant to produce 24 T-12/15's a month?

Really, what I am getting at, is what is reasonable, for game purposes, to start wargaming with a battalion of T-15's supporting the T-14 or the T-90 that is currently in service?

Well, I should have simply checked the Russian OOB, I see the T-14 is available in 2018 and the T-15 or "BMP Armata" in 2019.

I'm taking from your signature: "If something is not impossible, there must be a way of doing it." Sir Nicholas Winton.

Thanks for getting back with the information, I do appreciate what you bring to the game.

Run silent, Run Deep! Or, "...return to the Bungo Straits and sink Bungo Pete"

Question: Did you have an occasion to meet Cpt Beach?

=======