Thread: Wishlist Hue city 1967-68
View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2017, 08:32 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Hue city 1967-68

Try this site has a good aerial photo of the Citadel and area plus others.
https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/t...e-for-hue-map/

Also from the site an actual map from the USA circa 1965. It's likely this ids the map they used during the battle. Note the Limited Distribution/Declass stamp lower right. This is the real deal as I dealt with USN charts of various classifications in my career. I'm giving it time but, it's taking too long to come up (The Map.) so...
From the above site scroll down/after the first set of pictures/look for the 5th 1 Mar post made by "eggbeast"/on the 3rd line down of his post/click on the light blue highlighted "Hue" for the map in question.

Well it took forever but it's arrived...
Click image for larger version

Name:	txu-oclc-21740104-hue-1968.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	14910

You'll obviously get a better look and can zoom in and out from the map from the site, this will just give you an indication of what it offers and the detail is very good of land features etc.

As a side note look for Ken Burns documentary on the Vietnam War on PBS starting this month.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: