View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2011, 01:03 PM

Private

Travis7401 is on a distinguished road
Default Good Scenario For Practice With Artillery?

First of all, thanks for all the effort keeping this game alive. I've been playing since I was a teenager when the first one came out. I've enjoyed it ever since, and love all the realistic changes/additions that SPWW2 and SPMBT have brought to the game.

I think I generally have a good grasp of tactics when it comes to infantry and armor (at least playing the CPU) but I feel like I am lacking when it comes to artillery tactics. I've tried to practice with it in quick battles and such, and I can see the obvious benefit of artillery, but I often require excessive amounts to achieve the desired effect (to make up for poor planning, as my artillery typically arrives with too little too late), while the CPU is more than capable of trouncing me with a few well placed mortars.

I generally enjoy playing scenarios a lot more than I do quick battles or even long campaigns, but I've noticed that a lot of the scenarios feature little/no artillery support. While I still enjoy them, I think I need to practice more with a realistic amount/type of artillery support. So with that being said, does anyone have some good scenarios featuring artillery that they could recommend? Also, any training recommendations for someone who has a good grasp of how the artillery routine works, but still sucks at it? Thanks in advance.