View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2014, 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France

That new one worked.
Allright, it was tough and very resemblant to infamous Purple Heart Line. I am reporting to my superior (if there is any at this point and chaos) that my battalion is barely combat capable. But it managed to capture that bloody road and hold it against German counterattack (destroyed 5 Pz38s and my tank at the very end of the scenario engaged 2 armoured cars near the flags. I also have a screening force in the village to the north, but over there enemy tanks would probably make it though towards the road... that is covered with 3 ATGs on entire length and with 3 more tanks coming). I am happy to say divisional forces did not suffer a single casualty, so I hope there was some good point in this sacrifice.
I am also however reporting that - given I can use forces that were also in retreat - I should be capable of securing that village to the north, if command wishes so.
In fact, great most of my casualties were taken from 3 MGs. I personally find single MGs overpowered, since at some point my recon team was located 200 metres from their firing position (and was not pinned) and it still failed to discover them after 6 salvos. Needless to say 200 men and overseeing scouts/MGs/Tanks/Artillery observer (!) failed as well.
I damn hope I am getting close to friendly forces, one more battle like that and I may be in serious peril.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frenchmen.zip (152.9 KB, 233 views)