View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2010, 10:13 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs. Germany - Near Vyazma

Turn 9

Things are a bit more quiet in Charlie's area, but it is all relative. Four more enemy tanks were destroyed, but one of my tanks in the gully near the northern objectives got holed. It was poor marksmanship than anything. Time for that crew to go back to the gunnery range. ATGs destroyed two enemy light tanks, but one is under pressure. It took a casualty and their building is on fire. Bravo tanks destroyed two more. My heavies punched a hole in one light tanks. Aside from that, the rest was dominated by a squad on squad fire fight. I still have my building and the enemy is still 250m away. My damaged tank circled back and picked up my wayward crew and headed off to the southeast and safety.

The rest of Bravo is pushing west in town. Aside from the center road, no contact. I turned five flags with a tank, but unlike the enemy, I'm not going to plow into buildings for them. There is infantry nearby for that task.

Alpha pushing west, but encountering a few more enemy units than Bravo. There was a squad along the south road that fired, taking a few men down until my tanks sent him packing. The enemy is sliding south to get to that objective group. It isn't necessary at the moment. A ghost is turning them. Five so far, but I don't see a thing, meaning scout, sniper or AT team. Alpha tanks sent a lot of steel at one enemy tank, but all missed.

Left flank guard moving up a bit. There are a couple of enemy squads, two tank destroyers and the tank Alpha can't hit. I think the enemy is done trying to push through here. Heavy artillery plastered the area again.

Counter battery fire has accounted for one nebelwerfer destroyed and one howitzer and one nebelwerfer abandoned.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: 2xPzKw IIIh, 1xPzKw 38b(t) and 1xPzKw IIf tanks destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.