View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:27 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Italy vs. GB - North Africa 6/40

Turn 13

Two platoons of Alpha are swarming around the enemy tanks. All assaults failed this time as well, but had some of the tanks retreating. I pulled my two tanks up again and capped a Matilda I. Unfortunately, the Matilda IIs regained their composure and destroyed both tanks. Mortar fire rained on on some other enemy tanks, getting them to button up.

Bravo and Alpha teamed up and jumped a Matilda II and actually managed to immobilize it. A combined effort between Bravo and Yankee tanks resulted in the enemy A10 being destroyed, plus a few infantry. Mortar rounds also dropped on a Matilda I in the sector.

One platoon of infantry moving toward Charlie, again. It is hard to really support them with machine guns or tanks because anything north of them is screen by burning vehicles and everything south is too far away to really be effective. At least the enemy isn't approaching with much.

Three Matilda IIs heading toward Delta. The lead tank is about 500m out. X-Ray tanks in the area are going to have to duck for cover. All but two enemy squads are running, so infantry won't be a factor.

Only one engineer squad could draw a bead on the enemy platoon heading toward him, so he just popped smoke. I'll wait for the enemy to move out of the blind spot where more units can open up on them.

Two X-Ray tanks with Foxtrot are almost clear of the rough, with two more just behind. They got LOS of three enemy squads coming up and cut them up. Three Matilda Is are coming up, but their .50 cals. don't worry me as much. I have to be careful, but I should be fine. Mortars were able to finally destroy one of the Bren carriers. They have been sitting in one spot for at least six turns.

Casualties

Friendly: 2xM11/39 tanks destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.

Enemy: 1xMatilida I tank, 1xA10 tank and 1xBren Carrier destroyed. Estimated 20 casualties.