View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:59 AM

Private

kgambit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Windows Vista and Windows Seven Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post

Quote:
I started getting the program did not run successfully messages for patches for both games.
That does not happen on my windows seven machine, so it is a point to be concerned about.

As to no desktop being restored - see point 2.2.2 of the original post about restarting windows explorer via task manager. You may need to use fully qualified paths to the windows functions in the batch file as described there too - that worked in my case when running it from a memory stick, rather than the C: drive.

Also see Imp's post above about setting up a desktop resolution change if playing the free game in 800x600 with a hotkey. (You could try manually setting the monitor to 800x600 as a quick experiment. If the desktop gets restored OK in 800x600 monitor mode then it may be for example, your graphics card or drivers having a hiccup with that resolution change from a batch file or whatever) .
Andy, are you running the 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows 7?

Just for clarification on the patch failures:

IIRC the patch installation errors for winSPMBT started around the 4.0 version upgrades iirc, possibly the 3.5. sorry I don't remember exactly patch was the first to give me that error. Once the patch failures started every subsequent patch failed as well. i.e. with v 5.0, v 5.5 and v 6.0 and iirc v4.0 and v4.5 as well.

I going to uninstall and then redownload/reinstall winSPMBT from scratch.so I'll let you know if that problem re-occurs. If any of the patches fail to install properly I'll try re-installing running as admin to see if that works.

If it makes any difference, all of the game and patch files I've downloaded have come from the Shrapnel game site.

I actually had both games installed on my D drive. That's not a partitition but a physically separate 1 TB HD. Windows 7 Pro 64 is running on my SSD C: drive.

I'm running the english version but I'll double check the cmd as per 2.2.2 in the original post.

Resetting the desktop resolution to 800x600 and then running full screen for winSPMBT does not solve the problem. Still end up with a blank desktop after it exits.

WinSPMBT did uninstall using the uninstall.exe for me, but not WinSPWW2. Simply deleting the SPWW2 game folders did not remove telltale traces of the program. It's still showing up in the control panel I may need to clean the registry to get any tell trail traces of SPWW2 out. What are the registry key(s) for winSPWW2?

Thanks.
.................................................. ..

Dwight