View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2005, 12:52 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PBEM Game: Yarnspinners 2

A couple of remarks, additions, suggestions...

- I would rather not have AIs either; however, if a few more nations are needed, I think I could play two or three minor nations, without the mighty PD or free astral pearls. That would also solve the matter of the independent nation.

- I like Panther's suggestion about the *much* improved PDC. This PD would appear after turn 2 I think, as the Gnomes of Zurich will need one turn to do some Mass Wishing (say, two hundred Visa wishes, which would give 175 gems times 200... Ought to be good enough to build up some nice PD in all capitals).

- On the topic of victory conditions, and giving a second chance: with the strengthened PD, I think nations will be safer from the wrath of their neighbours, so a victory by "killing 'em all" should work. If it appears that the game is becoming annoying because of two nations hoarding and playing the Maginot line, I guess the game could be ended then.

- On selecting nations: are you fine with picking nations on a "first come, first serve" basis, or would you rather select your nations in a random order? For example, the Mighty Dice could rule that Sedna will pick his nation first, and then it could be Pasha, and so on.

- On rewarding yarns: I would say some sort of consensus could be considered here. All yarns where some effort has been made may be worth one astral pearl, but if your fellow players enjoyed one of your yarns, it could result in one or two more pearls. Of course, if one of you knows someone willing to act the part of the Judge, please let us know.