View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2024, 11:57 PM

Private

Christocipher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Horsies and motorcycles

Hey Thanks guys, thats right the game does a great job of how horsies can navagate rough and swamps and such stuff which can be cool helpful. I know this is just something I found interesting to be added but if no one else wants it of course dont do it I dont know what other might want so I just suggest.

Myself I like to buy some historical units like how they really were and see if I can command them good or not on the battlefield. I dont care if I loose it is still fun for me I dont know if anyone else plays like me. All the cavalries had the field guns towed by a 12 hex speed 6 horse limber that could keep up with the horsies if I use a truck instead it has more trouble keeping up in the rough going, mud and swamp than the fast limber maybe?

I think the bicycle type immobile horsie and motorcycle transport can be very useful to do stuff like maybe go fast through a forest arrive on the other side out of the blue and unexpected and then deliver a much more stronger, because of the bigger dismounted sections, force to cause trouble with. So 9 men instead of 6 for the MCs and 10 instead of 8 for the horsies makes them more dangerous when they dismount at the end of their journey through the forest that the enemy thought would take too long to get through, so Surprise! Works good for the bastogne maps. And of course the bigger dismounted sqauds have more staying power which is what some players want.

I guess im wrong again but for the horsies I think the numbers dont add up, can someone check me? The Germans 623 riding cavalry called cavalry has 10 men in each squad but the 714 and 715 dismounted cavalry called dismounted cavalry has 8 men in the squad and 4 men in the cavalry mounts so thats a 12 man squad and the 452 cavalry mount that carries the 446 3 MG sections make for a 13 man squad. So shouldnt they all be the same size squads? I looked and lots of other armies cavalries have the same trickyness.