View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2006, 12:30 PM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Game. CB Mod. Random Nations.

Quote:
OG_Gleep said:
I tried out Cirilani, and its pretty cool. If we go that route, I'd suggest lower indy strength. Some of the indies can be pretty brutal.
True, and Cirlani is one of those maps that you fairly often wind up with only two neighboring provinces - having knights in one and say, blood druids in the other can mess up your expansion.

Edit : Actually I'd vote against Cirlani for these number of players. Inevitably a player or two will get stuck on the narrow strip of land at the bottom, which kinda screws them compared to anyone starting in the northwest with lots of room to expand.

So - I'd suggest Chandrea (with out the wizards & armies, since everyone would have to redo pretenders) as first recommendation, or Saephi or the latest version of Zen's modded Aran map ( lots of provinces #nostarted, and population / richness made more balanced).

Oh! Actually, the Ringworld map might be perfect, and even interesting - a flat skinny wraparound map with 106 provinces, so _everyone_ is going to butt heads with 2 empires simultaneously. And there's even a small version for people who don't have broadband.