Thread: Carriers
View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2017, 08:54 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Carriers

Feel free to open up all the affected OOB's and edit until you and Micheal are content. Any change you and he have suggested in this regard make a negligible change to gameplay for a very substantial amount of work just to keep you two happy so you are correct about one thing.... you are not the only one in 20 years who has complained about this.....there are actually 2 of you ( 3 if you include Cross's support for your post )

This is becoming HUGELY tiresome but let's go back to your first post

Quote:
Universal Carrier Mk I have a carrying capacity of or 2 not 6, and a crew of 1 not 2.
Universal Carrier Mk II have a carrying capacity of or 3 not 6, and a crew of 1 not 2.
now this latest

Quote:
your example pictures all seem to be Universal carriers.
by your quoted source the Mk I universals can carry 3..crew 1, carry cap 2 = 3

Yet the FIRST photo I posted showed a "Universal Carriers Mk 1 belonging to the British Expedition Force in France, 1940" with a total of FIVE men comfortably being carried......an obvious point you ignored and all the other photo except the last, which was an indulgence...show carriers crewed the way they were crewed in real life, with up to 7 men and in the game they get 1 point of armour all the way around with no top armour and that is the best we can do. I will concede that in this case the standard 2 crew we gave to most vehicles like this could be changed to one but that's as far as it's going to go

As well if you actually buy a Brit Carrier Patrol or a Carrier section you will see that although the capacity is rated 6...they carry 4 men, except ONE carrier that carries 6 the crew of 2 is just the way they have been set up for decades and although in that one carrier a crew of 2 and 6 men in the back IS stretching things a bit there is NOTHING there that justifies the amount of text that has been generated and if we reduced the crew to one that would put the "carriers" well within real life practice

As well "Bren" Carrier is used in most carrier descriptions simply because "Universal Carrier" does not fit and for most people, the name "Bren Carrier" suitably describes the unit even if it's not technically a "Bren Carrier"

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; June 4th, 2017 at 12:09 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: