View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

Hiro_Antagonist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: help - dwarf3 - bridge

I just played through it on Legendary (since I haven't played in a while =), and here are some things that helped me:

-Move the Apprentice you start with to the gold mine in the upper-right corner. Try to keep it safe there, because it will represent a sizable increase in your income.
-When possible, try to move a unit onto an open enemy city. You won't be able to convert the city, but you will prevent them from building there. In fact, your goal should be to units on all 3 enemy cities as soon as humanly possible, because once you do that, they won't be able to build any more units!
-Make sure to hit snipers at least once each, which will substantially reduce their offensive abilities.
-If at all possible, try to trap tanks by moving units adject to them, pinning them against non-grassy terrain. That will prevent them from moving or attacking you, and you can whittle them down at your leisure.
-Lastly you have to deal with the Archers guarding the city on the bottom-right. You have a few options here -- you can either focus fire on one archer at a time until you kill one, then the other. Or you can just suck it up and move onto the city and try to take the city before the archers kill you. If you do this, try to do it by moving a Sorceress or an Archmage onto the SW city, and have (at the very least) another Archmage buffing that unit, and an Apprentice to heal it. Worst case, you should take the city on the 2rd or 3rd turn of having a unit on it.

This helped me beat it on turn 18, so hopefully these tips will help you beat it by turn 22, especially with the extra Initiate that you get in the Standard campaign.