Turn 00,

Kampfgruppe strength:
HQ track (PzKw II Luchs)
Ari VB
PzGren Kp Kronz ,
- HQ section
- Pzspäh-Zug Bauer (two armoured cars, fully operational),
- PzGren-Zug Krause (one section)
- PzGren-Zug Kessler (two reduced sections, three trucks, one damaged SdKfz 251/9)

and

Pz-Zug Schneider (two fully operational Panthers, one damaged)
Pz-Zug Langkeit (one JpzIV, one damaged PzIVh)
MG-Zug Scherrer (three MMG sections)

KG and attached units all deployed on the lower road. I expect the town to be defended by minor forces but at least one platoon of AT guns that will be dangerous. Aux elements in the lead. Sacrifice the orphans first.

Turn 01-07, upon appraching the town lead elements draw fire. Bauer's SdKfz 234/1 is knocked out by a 57mm ATG. HMG fire also directed against the KG knocking out a truck.

Through a gap in our smoke screen HMG fire knocks out our Bus-Nag and a bunch of troops from the attached Kompanie Heinelt. Remaining inf deployed on foot, advancing. American infantry and AT guns engaged. One AT gun knocked out, one own Strumpanzer IV knocked out.

Turn 08-15, infantry breaks into the town, identfies another AT gun and knocks it out. Third AT gun manages to knock out the SdKfz 234/3 and the SdKfz 252/9. Infantry and Panthers fight their way into the town towards the VH. An enemy light tank platoon shows up and is taken under fire.

Turn 16 - 22, infantry drives off the remaining Ami troops from the VH area. SP-artillery is destroyed.

-----------------

Map as always fine. My rather beat up KG just about managed to fight its way to the single VH by turn 14. I figured there were more AI infantry in town that would counterattack the VH once I took it, so I waited until turn 21 as not to trigger a counterattack I might not be able to withstand. The American light tank platoon and Armored inf plt counterattacks, but not the M20/M10 Group (<-- these had not moved by the end turn). Were they meant to be triggered by the capture of the Victory Hex?