View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2024, 11:14 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [WIP] Campaign - 29th Infantry redux

After the mixup yesterday we find ourselves stranded in front of our line. German infiltrators have cut the road back up the ridge, as well as our telephone lines.
Luckily, we still have radio contact with command.
This is the situation: The Germans either haven't realized our predicament or don't see us as a threat. Instead they keep counter attacking the ridge. At the same time
it is becoming ever clearer that after the previous battles of attrition, the enemy is on the ropes: his artillery fire slackens and his defensive
lines are held ever more thinly.
As commander, you have to make a decision. There are two options:*
A: Hold your position and await relief from 3rd battalion. This is the historical outcome. Saint-Lo will be captured "offscreen" by Task Force C and you will be moved into reserve for refit. The campaign will continue in the aftermath of Operation Cobra.*
B: Use your position as a jumping off point for an attack on Saint-Lo in an alternate history scenario. Due to being cut off, you will receive NO repair points.

Objectives: *
Deploy your forces in the indicated area. *
Capture the objective to order an attack or ignore it to stay on the defensive. *
Enemy: There will be no combat.

So if I choose to fight, I will not receive repair points? Although I won the fight?
It would be important to know because it seems to me that I have only 35 repair points left after repairing everything in the last battle.