Thread: Seeking advice
View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Tifone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seeking advice

Hello there! I have a question too!

I'm in a very similar situation to that of Dogboy, getting back to the game after years. I'm just gonna reinstall the game for some SP games, though. I too search for suggestion on mods, but (important) I don't want the experience to be too different to vanilla's, as when I used to play this game the CBM was just some good changes, a lot of essential bugfixes, but the gameplay of the nations was substantially unaltered and I don't want all the good old Baalz's guides and the manual to be completely obsolete because of new spells, items, gods, etc. Even the removal of gemgens and dwarven hammers doesn't really fit my tastes, even if I'm sure the community appreciated it and the guys of the mod are doing a great job. The easiest access to the sea via items was a welcomed change for me though, even though I really don't remember the name of that mod.

I though I could install the new CBM 1.94 but I see there are many many changes and I think I could never play the nations the way I remembered, and even though I think I'm still able to change a mod a bit to fit my tastes, I think removing the changes to gemgens and hammers wouldn't work as there are a lot of new spells, summons, items that have been influenced by that change and probably much more.

So I'm here humbly asking the good old helpful guys of the community for a solution! Should I install an old version of CBM, and which one? Was there ever one which included all the most necessary bugfixes and the mod for accessing the seas, but not the changes to gemgens and the late game?

Thanks in advance for assistance!