Old March 13th, 2016, 04:05 AM

Corporal

Felix Nephthys is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Command Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivemi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
1) Without radio contact the platoon commander can rally any section of his platoon, if within about 5 hexes (no LOS), about 10 (500m) if the element is in LOS.

2) The company commander can do the same for any elements in his company to the same ranges, if without radio contact.

3) The Battle Group commander can also rally any subordinates without radio contact to the same distances and circumstances.

4) Contact is determined at the start of your phase. ordinary elements are determined for their platoon leader, leaders for the next formation level up.

NB - sometimes (and rarely) contact is allowed beyond 10 hexes with no LOS or radio link. Assume someone sent a runner/liaison officer to find them.

Cheers
Andy
Well I'll be hornswoggled. All along I've been operating under the assumption they've gotta be within 3 or 4 hexes of each other. As the game guide sez:

"Some units (especially infantry) have no radios and must keep voice contact, this is only reliable to 3 or 4 hexes (200 metres). A common fault many players have is to spread their units in a platoon formation kilometres apart, they are then out of command control, and if they get a reverse, they will then tend to run away a lot. Therefore, keep your leaders closed up to the men as much as is possible,"

Learn something new almost every day with this fascinating game. Thanks for the clarification!
Don't know if you were thanking me or Mobhack but you're welcome anyways for the clarification.
The Following User Says Thank You to Felix Nephthys For This Useful Post: