View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2003, 07:21 PM

Major General

Jack Simth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Misadventures of the Missed Adventurers

Jack "Yes, we ought to do something for our allies. Let's see...."

Jack thinks for a minute, and then starts forming a half-dozen more golems, these ones with giant red crosses on their chests and backs.

Jack (to newest batch of golems) "Go heal our allies."

Jack scatters the golems around the battlefield, so that there is no clear origin point for them, and they begin their work. One is in view of the party - it finds a combatent in the Baron's colors on the ground, bends over, raises it's arm, and a beam of green light jumps from the golem's arm to the injured man. A moment later, the golem moves on to another, and repeats the procedure. The man gets up, looking a little confused, and heads back to the manor to report in.

Jack "Those should be good for thirty or forty healings each. As for the castle, it's not too bad - just a minor patch job. I've seen worse."

Jack forms another half-dozen golems, these ones with giant hammers imprinted on their chests and backs.

Jack (to hammer-golems) "Fix the damage to the manor."

As the golems start to move off, Jack teleports them over to the most damaged section of wall, where the golems immediately start replacing fallen stones, and tracing glowing bands of energy on them, which appears to seal them in place. They seem to be working quite quickly.

Jack "I included a memory of how the place used to look; they will keep replacing stones until the manor itself is close to that image again."

Jack "As to the fighting golems - they are partway between a spell and an enchantment. The bandits' defense against magic will be partly effective, and act as a slow drain on the golems' energy. I built them with that in mind, giving them extra energy stores. They should have enough energy to hold out for about an hour once they engage in combat before they start slowing down and weakening."

Up in the tower, the bandits are looking around, wondering where their prey went. One of them stands apart slightly, apparently supervising the rest.

Bandit 1 "Well, they don't appear to be coming back."

Bandit Commander "Let's go loot the place then, and get out of the sun."

The other bandits chime in with a chorus of general consent, and they head over to the door, which is already barred.

Bandit 2 (to his commander) "Umm, the door won't open."

Bandit Commander "Well then, knock it down."

The bandit obligingly hits the door, and it is apparent their alchemical enhancements are still in effect, as the punch pokes a hole in the heavy wooden door.

Bandit 2 "Commander, there is something on the other side!"

[ October 21, 2003, 18:21: Message edited by: Jack Simth ]