View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Colonel

Velusion is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nuance - Random Nations, Middle Era (Sign Up)

Quote:
HoneyBadger said:
That may be so, and I understand that, but I've been taking one turn every twenty-four hours, which was my understanding as to the timeframe of the game-namely that it resets on a specific time .

Is there any way to fix this at this point? I'd really rather not lose an entire turn because the game's hosting at weird times-I work 10 hour shifts 4 times a week, and I can't do anything to avoid that.
Once all the turns are in, the game autohosts. If everyone happens to turn everything in under 24, then it hosts. 24 hours is only the longest it will wait between hosts. Provided you always check in within 24 hours of each host, you should be fine. Also I can always add someone to the email notification (not sure if you are getting them in this game or not) that way you know exactly when they host.

This is pretty standard however - all games that say "quickhost" use this option (i.e. every MP game that I know of). Can't roll back now without a lot of hassle to players who have already taken their turn.

You never noticed this is perpetuality because there are so many players that someone almost always stales - hence the full 24 hours are always used.

P.S. I know when I first started playing MP I got screwed by underestimating how fast people can play thier turns and waiting 36+ hours to check back, so you aren't alone in the experience. Like you I work 4x10.

Also the game will switch to 48 hour hosting on turn 24, which will make it easier for people with busy lives.

Hope that explanation at least clears things up - even if it doesn't help much with the stale.