Thread: domsaver v0.1
View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2004, 02:54 AM

Corporal

Gateway103 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: domsaver v0.1

Sounds like a neafty utility, especially for those who keep their turns to do AAR and/or testings. Some random thoughts from me:

-------------------------
Instead of creating separate gamename## folders for different turns of the same game, why don't we append to the filenames the turn number. For example, "mygame_t020.trn", or "mygame.trn.020" or some variants, and put all these different turns of the same game in one "mygame" folder. This would make it easier to keep track of things.

To expand on GP's note idea, you can also create separate note files (text file?) for each separate turns, and name them appropriately.

Hmm... I wonder if you can extract the turn event summary from the save files, (i.e. the list of things that happened that turn such as battles, prophet proclaimations, random events.) If you could extract them, it may prove useful (or not?!), as an user option, to put them in the beginning of the note files.

This could help AAR writers I believe, as they don't have to write up each turn as they go and/or take a lot of notes, but can play say 10+ turns, load up the note files, and write on those turns.

Lastly, can this program or its later Version be set to run in the background, so each time I press host button in Dom2, and when the next turn is ready for me to play, it'll autosave the processed turn appropriately?

Just some random thoughts

-Gateway103