View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

Jack_Trowell is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gameplay video found :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi View Post
Jack Trowell:

Well, if you can build the events stuff to be point and click to set the target squares, target players etc, then yes, I actually see a lot of utility for it. However, you are going to have your work cut out for you to do the stuff. Not that it's all that complex to do from a programming point of view, just a bloody lot of work.

Working on web interfaces like that is a major part of what I do for a living, and yes I know there can be some very boring moments (and no, my dom3 editor is not what I would call my best work, I know that I could do much better).

Quote:
You are also going to need a list of monster names and list of item names or all the commands related to those will be useless, since the game only accepts names for both, not numbers.

It's strange, I was expecting illwinter to make more use of unique ids, not less, but I can see where the problem might arise when adding modding support to the game.

I must say that in order to implement the most complete features for such an editor, I'm more or less counting on something like your very useful Dom3 DB.

Quote:
However, while I am in possession of both (item list not necessarily being complete, though), I will need to discuss some things with Illwinter before releasing anything of the kind. There are considerations involved that prevent doing that kind of thing without consultation.
Note that for a first prototype, the full list wouldn't be needed, just a few exemples of the global structure/flags or the like. If the structure is good, expanding the data later should not pose any problem.

However with the release being in less than 10 days now, don't lose more time for me, there will still be enough time after the release.
Dominions Map validator and randomizer : http://dominions.realites.org
Dominions Map editor v0.75b : http://dominions.realites.org/map_editor