View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2010, 06:57 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs. Germany - Near Vyazma

Turn 5

A lot of wasted steel in Charlie's sector. I managed to destroy two enemy tanks, but most shots missed and of the few that hit, they didn't penetrate. My tanks here are the T-34/76A, so they don't have the newer gun. Destroying two would be nice if seven more tanks hadn't showed up. The enemy has 23 live, functional tanks in Charlie's area. Enemy artillery is continuing to hit the flank guard village. Also, as expected, they started hitting the objective, this time with rockets. It seemed like 5-6 sections. Next turn will really rock. I made sure no one stayed on or around the flags, but I do have some units a little close considering the enemy is using rockets. Those things scatter quite a bit. Enemy artillery also hit Charlie's two tank flank guard. I think I will swing them around to the west side of the village where they can flank the enemy tanks on the road.

Shifted a few Bravo tanks to the right to help Charlie. No enemy seen in the north half of town at the moment. My infantry is pushing in.

Alpha had a field day killing armor. They started with the two enemy tanks on the south town road. Next, the over-watch tanks opened up on the south dirt road, destroying four and immobilizing one enemy tank heading toward the flank guard. Finally, the same tanks opened up on one tank destroyed southwest of town, destroying it.

Left flank guard still holding position quietly. While Alpha stopped five enemy tanks, four more are there. They also are carrying infantry. I'm going to bring back my tracks as soon as the artillery stops and the tanks are put out of action. I need those machine guns. I am calling in my heavy artillery on the road and it should start coming in soon.

Moving two KV-I tanks to help Charlie. Reserve force holding until situation develops further.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: 4xPzKw 38b(t), 2xPzKw IIc, 2xPzKw IIIh tanks and 1xJPz I tank destroyer destroyed. Casualties of tank riders unknown.