Thread: Cohen Mod 0.2
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2004, 09:29 PM

First Lieutenant

Zen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cohen Mod 0.1 modifies.

Quote:
Kel said:
I am not arguing the cost of the human pretender. I maintain that I would rather have a pretender capable of doing many things than a pretender capably of doing only one. I also maintain that the popularity of the GK is due to way more than just his ability as an SC. I can promise you his flexibility in all the things I listed are the only reason I use him and I doubt I am the only one.

- Kel
Oh, so being flexible amounts to being powerful? So a human rainbow is not-powerful because he can't do one of the three things?

Or just that he's less powerful than a GK because he can do it all at a more reasonable price and without alot of the limitations of said human pretenders (while still being powerful?)

A pretender can be powerful by being only good at one thing, if that one thing allows you to fill a gap or weakness in the nation you are being a pretender for.

Of course that might just be your opinion and how you play, which is fine, because that is the only perspective that matters, to you.

You don't have to tell me that the GK is a good pretender, well suited to mulitple roles and if you wish to spend the points, suited to nearly all the roles that any number of nations need in order to be competitive.

That might be why in my mod he was modified in a 'nerf' direction because he overlapped any and all Pretenders in his class range (Half-Rainbow, Rainbow).

Edit: I will also add that he has the highest raw Def of any Pretender/SC. So he will always be strong defensively because of this and his undead abilities.