View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2017, 06:12 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: International Defence Green and White Papers

Alright, first thank you Don. Second hope I did this right. So hopefully first up as I remember, this from JANE's a look at some of the challenges Russian was/is facing in modernizing their ground forces.
Return_of_the_bear_Russian_Ground_Forces_modernisation.zip

Next up is a very good understanding how defense issues are looked at from the top. In this case the UK from the end of WWII through 2010 (Which many at the time was a defense killer. Has since been modified however the cuts still are deep.)
UK SDR since WWII.zip

Finally a simple but very good look at APS and other protective armor systems out there. If you didn't know already, Russia was the first to have them onboard later versions of the T-55. Though the assessment was done in 2006, you'll find it very current on the systems as are used now. You'll also find an APS system I never knew the U.S. was trying to develop. I don't know (Though likely.) if it was one of the five or so systems tested that would lead the USA to chose the TROPHY system already currently mounted on a handful of M1A2 SEP V2 tanks. The contract as it stands now is to retro fit 145 of those tanks with the system to be completed by 2019.
Active_Protective_Systems_CPP_Oct06-1.zip

Time to delete some files. Well not until someone tells me it works anyway.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: