View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2016, 10:11 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: looking for a mod

I had Freds windows programs but I couldn't find them on my HD and I recalled you posted links to them...........after I had DL'd them and knew what they were called I ended up finding the ones I had "lost"......and YES the SHP files are build the old fashioned way, one Icon at a time with SHPEdit......I have little need to extract a SHP full of Icons but when they are being entered for the first time I need to record what each one is into the Icon list and the only way to do that and keep things straight and set the center points of the hull and /or turret is one at a time.

That said if I ever get the time or inclination to expand the Terrain tiles these will come in handy. I used the DOS versions to build all the new stuff we added but it's a PITA to fire up the win95 computer, copy things to a 3.5 floppy, copy that to my win XP box --which has a 3.5 flappy drive-- then copy all that to a stick so I can copy that to my win 10 computer but right now if I want to make terrain that's what I have to do which might explain WHY I don't make new terrain