View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2004, 11:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Epic Single Player

When I first started playing, my comment was continually "What? Another nation so soon? But it's only turn 3!!" By turn 10 I had 3 or more nations visible. Hated that.

In the various threads discussing map size and map generators its been hard to discuss the numbers. I try to make the discussion easier by shifting it to provinces per player. If a player prefers games where each nation gets 5 provinces before the fighting starts, then fine. Others prefer 10, some 20, some (like me) would like to weave their way thru many provinces searching out the other nations. When the devs changed the limit to 500 they doubted anyone would want more but 17*30 is 510. So 500 is probably enough to allow for a decent game with all nations, or a really good epic game with fewer nations, but not both.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)