Thread: Graphic Issue
View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2006, 04:02 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Graphic Issue

As to 800 mode - assuming you have an LCD flat screen, then it will be interpolating 800x600 dots onto whatever native resolution your card is. Some cards/drivers do not do a very good job of that in terms of resolution (pixellated display).

If the resolution is not too pixellated and it is just monitor brightness or colour temperature stuff, then usually pressing the monitor properties button and fiddling with colour values or whatever as usual will be all that is required. Same goes for a "real" CRT monitor which will be able to adjust its scan to 800x600 without problems. Also, check out your video driver settings for 800 mode (left click on desktop, properties, settings) may help?.

Also - check that you have the correct colour compensation file for your monitor set up. It is usually done for you on installation of the monitor driver, but not always. (left click on desktop, properties, settings, colour management).

LCD monitors really don't do well with some colours. I used to use the Windows "autumn" desktop picture with a CRT monitor, but on changing to LCD, no amount of fiddling with colour values made that one look "right". Always too washed out to my eye. So I changed to a less "brown" desktop pic.

Cheers
Andy