Thread: Mud on hills
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2018, 03:46 AM

Corporal

PantherCub is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mud on hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Mud on hills will not change.... Vimy ridge was a big muddy hill during the battle and I will not do away that game capability........There are only a few maps that have extensive mud and we allow players to redraw maps if they get one they don't like........there is only so much I am willing to do to personalize the game based on "complaints" like this.... this has been a feature of the game for years ( TWO DECADES !). You are the only one who has complained you don't like it. I am not changing the game every time someone doesn't like something especially as we have deliberately incorporated ways for players to alter maps if they get one they don't like.
Just to explain, I was talking about the probabilities in the automatic map generator, not about doing away any capability in the game.

And I was not complaining, I was offering feedback as suggestion for improvement of a game that is the one I have played the most of all games I own. One of the best games ever made IMHO! But if you feel that mud is just as likely on hills as in valleys, that is fine, I am OK with editing the autogenerated maps to fit my own experiences of real European terrain.