View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2017, 09:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Red Dawn #263 Antonito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
No

If a crew bails from a vehicle that is damaged but not destroyed then the points the player who inflicted the damage gets is guaranteed to be the damage points inflicted. I think its shown on the roster - not something I check often.

If he then kills the crew somehow, he is guaranteed the full value.
If he parks a unit in the abandoned vehicle or guns hex, it gets fully destroyed so guaranteed full credit of points.
If the crew bail but the unit is not destroyed at end game, if the crew's side control the battlefield (win basically) then only the damage gets credited. If the crews side did not win, the vehicle is shown as "destroyed" and full points are credited.
No big deal, it rarely if ever affects battle results, but even after fulfilling all the above conditions I'm not getting the full points. While the unit is marked as "Destroyed" on the battle map and in the unit roster, the points awarded are apparently only casualties inflicted on the crew. This affects abandoned artillery, including ATGs and flak, as well as vehicles.

Here's a screenshot from a recent WW2 Russia vs Germany long campaign battle (#14 of 40). Note that unit BR3, a PzKw III L tank, is listed as destroyed but only awards 1 point!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battle Results SP #14.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	15065