Thread: AAR The Days Complete
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2018, 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Days Complete

Part 5 (turns 16-20)

Unfortunately, Major Stefanewitz could not perform any more miracles. His tank is blown up by unguided rockets fired by a Mi-28. Still, the man helped with his heroic sacrifice a lot. The other actions are:

1-Russian mechanized forces advancing slowly, aided by artillery and air strikes. Their tanks are suffering heavy casualties due to Spike ATGMs and mostly, due to tank fire to their left flank.
2-Spike ATGMs from the Grain Silos make any Russian push very costly.

1-The Russian advance seen in the previous picture.
2-More Russian Armor between Kiertyny Male and Kiertyny Duze.
3-Heavy clashes between Russians and Poles in Kiertyny Duze. The Polish infantry finally manage to knock out a T90 at close range after heavy casualties.
4-The Polish T72s that knocked out about 5 T90s with flanking shots. These tanks are the main reason the advance in the center has stopped.

In total, both sides had significant tank casualties so far. Poles lost around 20 T72M1s, while Russians lost 22 T90s. 15 of the tanks were knocked out by tank fire, while only 5 were knocked out by Spike ATGMs and 2 from RPG fire. This shows that the tank is the most effective platform in the Polish side even though the T72M1 cannot destroy a T90 frontally. However the fact that the latter has APS, ERA and is very resistant to HEAT warheads means that KE projectiles are much more effective against this tank. In addition, tanks are more able to use their mobility, compared to dismounted ATGMs.
In addition to the tanks knocked out, a large number of T90s was immobilized. In fact, I count only 6 T90s that are still runners. All are on the central advance, while the flanks have only infantry, thus making it unlikely that the Russians will advance any more there, unless they get reinforcements later.
In contrast to the situation on the ground, in the air the Russians are dominant and they used their air assets superbly. I have lost many major weapon platforms (tanks, BMPs, Spike ATGMs, mortars etc) from Russian helos and aircraft and this has forced me to hide all of my remaining heavy units from observation. This has an effect on my army’s performance, while it worries me should I make a counterattack later on.
That being said, I believe that unless the Russians get reinforcements later on, I will be able to hold the bridges at the river. In fact, I doubt I will lose the second line of defense (the first one is obliterated though). We do have 35 more turns though, so we have to wait and see..