Thread: AAR Hammer and Anvil
View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2018, 01:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Hammer and Anvil

In this scenario, the Romanian 15th Motorized Brigade is trying to recapture the town of Roman in Romania, a few kilometers west of Jassy from Ukrainian paratroopers. This has to be done quickly, for it is known that in approximately 20 turns large heavy formations of the Ukrainians will come to rescue their comrades. The map of the battlefield (160*160 hexes size), alongside the initial Romanian dispositions is the following:

1-1st company, 151st Mech battalion.
2-3rd company, 151st
3-2nd company, 151st
4-1st company, 631st tank battalion
5-2nd company, 631st
6-3rd company, 631st
7-Brigade artillery, two 152mm batteries, one 130mm battery
8-AA batteries, twin 35mm caliber
9-AT companies, 100mm anti-tank guns
10-Recon company, some 5 scout cars in total
11-self propelled AT company, equipped with BRDM Malyutka tank destroyers
Also an 120mm mortar platoon is in my disposal.

The attack has to be quick and decisive. Therefore, my plan is the following:
To the south, a task force composed of one tank company and one mechanized company will advance towards area (14), to capture the bridge at Siret, which is an objective. Enemy ATGM teams are expected, and if necessary artillery will smoke the area.
In the middle, the open area (13) is a potential kill zone, so no major advance will happen there. Instead, small probes by scouts will try to reveal any enemy ATGMs or heavy weapons, while one tank company as well as the tank destroyer company will snipe at any heavy equipment found.
The main effort will advance to the north, through (12). Two mechanized companies, one tank company will do the advance. Artillery will support with smoke and HE fire. The artillery is towed, so shoot and scoot techniques will not be very effective, but I’ll try my best. Once the main objectives are captured, towed AT guns will cover any approach from the east.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: