Thread: AAR Bear vs Dragon
View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2018, 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bear vs Dragon

Turns 31-40

The probing attack against Yudam-Ni was successful and the village is captured quickly. Only a few isolated N.Korean rifle squads defend it and they cannot coutner the might of T-90s and BMPs blasting them to pieces whenever they open fire against one of the dismounted squads advancing up front. The Russian infantry secures the village and takes up defensive positions around it by using the previous N. Korean entrenchments. In addition to the main effort at Yudam-Ni, two more mechanized platoons defend its flanks by occupying the elevated positions at (1) and (2). For now there won’t be more advance in this area, at least until I’m sure no more ATGMs roam around.

My forces at the central ridge at (4) are being heavily attacked. Snipers, MGs and grenade MGs from (3), pummel any infantryman showing himself in the open. Mortars hit the position repeatedly. And lots of Chinese infantry attacking from the south. It seems that one more infantry company is in the area and is trying to make an attack to reclaim this vital ridge. The Russians have to make outstanding efforts to keep the Chinese from occupying the area. Close quarters fighting and vehicles supporting keep the latter in bay for now.

Further west, one mechanized platoon captures the northwestern part of the high ground at (5). The goal is to capture the ridge from this direction, since my previous plan hit the wall (of hundreds of Chinese soldiers to be presice).

Since I have eliminated the Chinese advance to the northwest, I decide to counterattack. One mechanized platoon is moving through the defile and aims to capture the high ground at (6). So far, little resistance is encountered.

My forces to the north spot large concentrations of Chinese troops at (7) and (8). It seems yet another infantry battalion is assembling there. Chinese sure have lots of troops! I immediately shell the area to soften them up. For now, my plan is just to defend there and not let them move any further west.

In addition to that, there are even more Chinese troops spotted around (9). They probably head for either Yudam-Ni or the central ridge. More tough fighting is expected, as it seems that in total one full Chinese infantry regiment is attacking my own motor rifle brigade.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: