View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2017, 05:36 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Korea 1950 scenarios and maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Mini 10 seems to be a netbook, not a PC as such?. Likely it falls short in graphics processor, and/or sheer RAM compared to even a basic desktop. The processor is also likely to be a cut-down model too.

The difference between GDI mode and DirectX mode used to be noticeable back in 2005 and before. Not so much with modern processors, graphics chips and the amounts of RAM that modern PCS come with. You may want to try changing between the modes, but most likely its a limit in RAM I'd suspect.

I vaguely recall having an Asus netbook back then, and as far as I recall it could not hack the game. But it was only for note-taking and logging into the university's network to read class schedules etc which it did kinda-sorta OK. It could not hack even basic coursework programming - so I got an IBM laptop very quickly and gave the netbook to someone friend or family who only needed something basic.
Yeah the Dell Mini-10 is not a robust laptop, however, the weight, reduced size, made it an excellent note taker, and made my job at the time with extensive work in Excel and Access convenient between home and the office.

About the game, I can run the game, mobhack,scenhack, and chrome browser simultaneously without a hitch. Only this scenario threw me for a loop.

Not a big deal.

Hey Weasel thanks for kindly looking into the title issue.