View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Pantokrator!

I am not trying to offend your religion. I am just giving you an account as to how it was used in one of my Religions courses. I picked through and found the part in your definition that supports that, but I didn't just pull my original definition of the word out of thin air.

I still have the course book, it is called "Ways to the Center".

I would also like to add that my interpretation of the word does not necessarily imply that I feel it is the only interpretation. I don't feel that in this context, the word means Jesus Christ.

I feel in this context, the word holds closer to the definition I gave, because in the game the Pantokrator is dethroned, and new pretender gods squabble for power. I still hold on to my argument that this theme is seen throughout European mythology, particularly Norse and Greek, and that is where I am drawing the visual representation.

The Pantokrator could have been a 6 legged dog in the mind of the Dominions 3 developers as far as I know. I was just offering suggestions as to how to do a visual representation of it for a mod.

I feel your comments on the other hand, are narrow minded and spring forth from some need to defend your beliefs and exact them on other people.

My interpretation of the word is as follows : A supreme diety who rules or dwells without challenge.