View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2018, 08:35 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Herbstnebel vs the AI

Turn 39 - 68

I/GR752 ordered to halt at IMGENBROICH and set up for defence against a possible American counterattack. No armour or artillery support can be given the battalion.

I/GR751 still fighting in HÖFEN north. When the resistance appear to be broken an enemy light tank shows up. St-Mr-Kp 1000 ordered to disengage. One Zug (two StuG III) from 1/StuG-Brig 902 sent north to deal with possible enemy tanks. An American tank counterattack from the direction of MONSCHAU develops, supported by some infantry and mortar as well as artillery fire. I/GR751 is reeling back. StuG Commander Rudolf Engelhardt knocks out two enemy light tanks. An American armoured car is also taken out. 1/StuG-Brig 902 Company HQ tank moved north to help out. Big engagement flares up around HÖFEN north as the American tank attack is repulsed.

The American counterattack by parts of the 38th Cav Recon Squadron and engineers of the 99th Division, that smashed into the first battalion, Grenadier Regiment 751.

II/GR751 now across Perlenbach but without strength to continue advance. Scout parties will be sent west while the battalion sets up for defence of ground gained.

Enemy artillery still very much active.

Turn 69 – 88

I/GR752 establish defensive positions in IMGENBROICH. Btl has no enemy contacts, no losses.

I/GR751 with three assault guns and 1/PiBtl 326 in support beat back the Ami counterattack and establish a foothold on the far side of the Perlenbach stream. Unable to reach MONSCHAU.

II/GR752 – bulk in defensive posture HÖFEN south/ALZEN. Two platoons of 7/GR752 and four StuG penetrate into the near undefended KALTHERBERG - under command of Oblt Keubke – enemy staff, logistics and artillery elements take up arms and the fighting is particularly intense near the church.

Keubke's battle around the St Lambertus chruch.

Losses Gren–Rgt 751

I. Btl

1Kp, light casualties.
2Kp, heavy casualties, remains four Squads intact or near intact.
3Kp, moderate casualties, remains six Squads intact or near intact. Company Commander, Oblt Wagner, killed.
4Kp, light casualties, no weapon losses.

II. Btl

5Kp, moderate casualties, 4 Squads intact or near intact.
6Kp, moderate casualties, 4 Squads intact or near intact.
7Kp, moderate casualties, remains 5 Squads intact or near intact. Half of the Kp Scharfschuetzen fallen.
8Kp, light casualties, no weapon losses.

13Kp, no casualties, no weapon losses.
14Kp, panzerjaeger Ofenrohr. Attached to Grenadier Kompanien.

Sturm Moerser Kompanie 1001, one Sturmtiger in long term repair.

1/StuG Brig 902, 1 StuG III in short term repair. 1 StuH42 in long term repair. Two StuG III knocked out.

Enemy losses

Greater part of the American Third battalion, 395th Infantry
Most of the committed elements of the 38th Cav Recon Sqdrn, including its Light tank Company.
One 105mm Artillery Battalion, 99th Infantry Division

Kriegsbeute

Three American 105mm Howitzers
Two American 3in AT Gun
One 60mm Mortar
One damaged M8 Armored Car
One damaged M5 Stuart light tank
Ten trucks in various states of repair.
Two jeeps in running order.

Some of the American 10,5cm artillery overrun in KALTHERBERG.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post: