View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2007, 12:18 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warp Creation/Destruction Events

Quote:
Makinus said: If i understood it correctly, the game only selects one event a turn, so, every turn there will be a warp point being closed or a warp being created...
At most one event per turn. The chance of an event on any particular turn will vary depending on the frequency picked in Game Setup.
Quote:
My doubts is how the AI would react to these changes, most importantly, if a part of the AI empire (i.e. one solar system) is separated from the bigger part, would it still develop that system (and even expand from it) or would is simply wither and die?
AI development won't particularly be affected by whether an individual system is connected. Whether it expands from an isolated system will depend entirely on whether the system either has a spaceyard or a planet with an open facility slot where it can build one.

If all of its systems manage to become unconnected from the rest of the map, the AI will try to research warp openers.

I think the biggest effect on the AI is going to be pathfinding. I'm not sure what AI ships will do if there's suddenly no path to where they were previously ordered to go.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.