View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:39 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bridge Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosollia View Post
Just tested it with SP1 v.1.21 and DOSBox 0.74 emulator.
Deleted TER files TER00Z0.SHP - TER00Z3.SHP started the game and it created those zoom levels automatically from TER00Z4.SHP with header information too. Amazing.

I have no idea who started the idea you need to use SP1 to do this but it's totally false. SP2 will do it as well but the whole process goes back to the very beginnings of SP so this isn't new or amazing news to anyone who's been working with the game. There has been a few posts on this subject over the years. You just won't be able to do the Z5 level automatically( I have an EXE that will )

Be aware that the game will ONLY create the TER files the map is calling for. In the example above TER00Z0.SHP is basic grass every summer map uses.

The next question is...... did you try and run the game after creating those tiles or did you just look in the SHP folder and see that they were new ? My previous experience with DOSBOx and this process created the files but they were corrupted which is why I build mine from pure DOS on a win95 machine

Don