View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2018, 11:22 AM

Private

keif149 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Will there be a 2018 update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
He is saying wants to create a 10 x 30 map similar to the boards in squad leader.

Most games use more than 1 board so you are going to be cut & pasting anyway so I would make all maps 30 x 30.
Going to need to create 4 for each board to cover all facings, then there are the overlays

For multiple board sets load the first board
Adjust playing area to total size for all boards, 40x30 would be 4 boards.
Cut & paste the other boards to original board.
Done.

Dont remember playing many single board games, would need to get creative & while not perfect just add a couple of rows of impassable terrain.
Ah ! That's different, I thought the reference was to the 50 meter per hex coverage area.

Attached are two blank custom maps......they will be entered into the next SPWW2 upgrade using these Map numbers. One is a true 10x30 playing area ( I had to change the code to 12x32 to get the 10x30 playing area )and the other is 30x10 playing area. They can be customized and saved like normal maps.

The game will still restrict size as in the past but it will load and save these as well maintaining the current size so you can recreate a single board squad leader map now

This shows it with terrain added but the ones in the zip are blank green

Lol, well I'll be damned. I thought I would be chastised for making a request and you gave me a great present!!!
Thanks a lot! Even though I've been here since 2006, I don't ask for much
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keif149 For This Useful Post: