Thread: Polish OOB
View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2015, 03:59 PM

Sergeant

Griefbringer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Polish OOB

And some other odd observations I also did:

4.) Unit 469 (7.92 wz.08 AAMG) has unit class "Flak". I would expect it to rather be "Infantry AA MG".

5.) Unit 410 (75 mm Inf-Gun) is armed with 75mm wzos/26 FG, and has speed 1. Unit 412 (75 mm Field Gun) is armed with the same weapon, but has speed 0. This is inconsistent, even though these two have different unit classes
(410 is "Infantry Support Gun" while 412 is "Howitzer").

6.) Formations 408 (Armoured Batt) and 409 (Armoured Batt+) contain a rather clumsy armoured car squadron (formation 407). Perhaps this could be replaced, in the name of tactical flexibility, with two armoured car platoons (formation 393) and motorcycle (formation 415) and one more armoured car (unit 577) added to the company HQ.

7.) Unit 499 (Asslt Pioneers), available from 1/30 until 6/40, has Mills Bombs in second weapon slot. Maybe it would make more sense to give them Polish grenades instead?

8.) Formation 120 (Marine Supt Co) is classified as being Company formation type, but is not subdivided into platoons. I would suggest splitting it into company HQ, three MG platoons (formation 85) and one mortar section (formation 312).

9.) Formation 315 (MG Company) tends to have a lot of units also bundled to the company HQ. I would leave the single rifle squad as the company HQ, and split off into sub-formation the three MG units (formation 85), as well as the observer (formation 279).

10.) Formation 424 (Bicycle Co) and 425 (Bicycle Co+) have MG unit as company HQ. I have no idea about how these units were historically organised, but in game such HQ would have serious difficulty in keeping up with bicycle infantry on road march (speed 4 vs. 9). Should there maybe be some sort of transport available for this MG?

11.) Formation 327 (Light AA Pl) has two medium trucks in the formation HQ, while the two sub-formations have artillery prime movers for transportation.