Old May 24th, 2006, 05:32 PM

Private

Nick_Hyle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some issues?

Quote:
DRG said:
Quote:
snake said:
1. On the first mission of a campaign, almost all my units had smoke. On the second and all subsequent missions none of my units have had any smoke and I've been in a defend, delay, assault, advance and river cross battles. Is this some sort of campaign bug that smoke never gets reloaded between missions?
******* I'll look into this. I know this had been brought up before and I'm certain it's been fixed at least once before

Don
Don, Andy, I know (think?) we had this licked once, but it was broken in the last (couple?) SPWW2 releases, and it's Broken here.

I've tried to do some poking around. The units that "lose" their smoke in a campaign game are armor units. Infantry and and artillery that start a campaign with smoke keep it through the campaign; armor that have it in the first battle, never have it again. This includes tanks, armored cars, tank destroyers.

As a hopefully-useful clue, the ONLY armor units I have seen NOT lose their smoke in a campaign are units with a "parent" artillery-class unit.

For instance, there is a unit available as an "OrPo Panzer" formation, the Geshtzwagn B2, a 105mm cannon on an ex-French carriage. It appears (the "parent") first as an SP arty unit, then later as an OrPo panzer. This sort of oddball keeps its smoke in a campaign; Panzer IV, VI, 75mm armored cars, etc, have smoke in the first game of a campaign, and then never again.

If you have trouble replicating this let me know and I'll generate some some campaigns and send you first and subsequent game saves to illustrate. But I think you see it as soon as you look.

Caveat; I am mostly playing German Long or Generated campaigns, if that matters.