View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2019, 03:53 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Humlebaek Counterattack 1985

It was the Donald Rumsfeld, SecDef under George Bush who said, "You go to war with the army you have..."

I am currently at turn 15 with no air. My marines are without close support tanks, my mech inf company without sp mortars, gun apc, or jeep rcls; and about a third of my core is supressed (60 repair points not enough). Well, I am moving my formations through forrest as they approach their objectives. The Polish artillery and her rockets are devasting; therefore, I direct all artillery to any tell-tale smoke. I am moving one AA gun with the marines.

Although we have captured the harbor at NIVA using remnants of my core, the objective at KROGERUP with a marine company, we are delepting ammo at an alarming rate, especially the AT weapons, SMAWS, Dragons, and TOWs. Eighty turns is a long way to go without ammo.

The strategy is to take the harbors, get in behind the enemy positions before moving into the cities.

I am not sure of the effectiveness of UAVs in 1985, I'd rather have a squadron of Cobras.

Still, even with my belly aching, this is an entertaining campaign.