View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2019, 10:35 AM

Corporal

Anton is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Click-based enemy spotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
The "problem" is not that clicking on that C1 unit reveals the "hidden" Chinese unit.
No, it is exactly the problem that I am reporting, and I think it is a bug in the game. You don't seem to disagree, for you call it a "rather insignificant issue," too. I, on the other hand, do not find it insignificant because it happens frequently enough to make the clicking on friendly units a useful technique of early spotting of enemies.
Quote:
It's that the "hidden" Chinese unit is not in fact "hidden" it's in a twilight zone grey area between seen and unseen.
Well, I did not say it was hidden, only that it was invisible to my units until I clicked on one of them. I was unaware about these twilight zones. Search in the manual for grey and twilight did not reveal anything. Is it documented?

Anyway, I am sure this click-spotting may happen outside the twilight zone as well. Although it is rather tedious to save the game every couple of minutes just to catch this situation, I can do it when time permits.
Quote:
Start that save up as Computer Vs Computer and press Quit Orders and that Chinese unit at (34,3) starts the Japanese turn in view.
And what is it supposed to prove?
Quote:
.... and no...... I am not bothered by this rather insignificant issue in the least.
As if there were more significant issues to fix before this one?
Quote:
Starting that save game as a scenario and checking the units shows some wisps of smoke between the Chinese unit in question (that can affect the Yeah/Nay aspect of revealing units in code) and the Japanese
I have read about it in the game guide, but it does not say exactly when this visibility check (dice roll) is triggered. Triggering it at unit selection makes no sense, as explained in the initial first post, because it is not a game event and should not affect anything in the combat simulation.
Quote:
AND it shows that the Chinese unit has used ammo and therefore fired it's slot one weapon which means it's already drawn attention to itself
Indeed it has, and opportunity fire is certainly one of the most important factors in revealing enemy positions. What I object to, however, is not this perfectly realistic feature, but the initiation of spotting tests when the user selects a unit.